November 2, 2005

HOBIY - MyDhaba's Energy Drink

Presenting to you My Dhaba's signature energy drink - HOBIY (named after Honey, Orange, Banana, Ice, Yogurt :-)) Hope you will like it.

This is my mother's personal concoction that will keep us going throughout the day. I have been using this recipe for almost 19 years now. The best results are achieved if it is taken in the morning 30 minutes prior to the breakfast. We can drink this concoction before, during, or after any workouts. There are no artificial flavors, colors, physically additive ingredients or chemical preservatives used when compared to the ones marketed towards young people along with high levels of sugar and glucose, much better than a cola drink too.

Bringing ingredients together...

HOBIY - My Dhaba's Energy Drink Recipe

Serves - 3
Preparation Time - less than a minute

Ingredients:

  • Honey - 2 tablespoons
  • Orange - 1, peeled and deseeded; or orange juice - 1/2 cup
  • Banana - 2, approx size used 9 inch
  • Ice cubes - 8
  • Yogurt or curd - 1/2 cup

    Method: Mix all the ingredients in a blender until smooth. Straining HOBIY is optional which I don't do. Serve it chilled. Lemon peel garnish is optional.

HOBIY - My Dhaba's Energy Drink

Please find below the nutritional info and medical ingredients per one glass serving of HOBIY. I have just collated the nutritional info from CalorieKing.com. What do you think? Isn't it a superb drink?

I am quite interested in any feedbacks that you might have on HOBIY. Over to you now.


:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting concoction...am goin to try this today!!
get me more :)
n hey i just love your site

11/02/2005  
Blogger Nupur said...

Nice..... Banana and orange juice!! Hmmm... very interesting indeed. I'll have to try it. :)

11/02/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's one energy drink.

More than yogurt, we would prefer it with milk and and without the orange juice. Vijay(My H) often drinks that combination in the evening. Pick me up drink after a hard day at the office for him.

But I will definitely give HOBIY a try. yogurt and orange juice extra, that's dooable:)

11/02/2005  
Blogger Swamy VKN said...

Raji - enjoy! Let me know how it turn out there. Isnt it sooo delicious? :-)

11/02/2005  
Blogger Swamy VKN said...

Nupur - it is like green results from blending blue and yellow. Banana and orange fuse so well and after the parts merge with other ingredients they are no longer distinct. You get an exquisite taste. Please let me know about your experience with it.

11/02/2005  
Blogger Swamy VKN said...

Hi Indira - Your H will devour this in one go, take my word :-) I need to give a try and see how it tastes without yogurt and orange and by milk+banana+honey combination as you mentioned.

Just added the nutritional profile of this drink. Yogurt and Orange add lots of minerals and vitamins to it making it a healthy choice.

11/02/2005  
Blogger Swamy VKN said...

Hi Shakthi - it is a pleasure to know that you loved it. You are always welcome.

Just fyi that there are few lassi recipes you might want to try out. Check this out - http://mydhaba.blogspot.com/2005/06/lassi-recipes.html

11/03/2005  
Blogger . said...

Thanks Vkn for the greeting. likewise to u

11/04/2005  
Blogger LERA said...

"Hobiy" sounds cool,

Vkn, I am sure it stands out as a nutritionally powerpacked energy drink . The well laid out chart sure highlights this aspect..

looking fwd to see more such powerpacked recipes!

11/04/2005  
Blogger Swamy VKN said...

Thanks lera. Glad to note that you liked Hobiy. Enjoy! Many such tried and tested traditional dishes are soon to be added. Keep in touch.

11/05/2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home My Dhaba Recipe MENU * Top 25 Recipes at My Dhaba*