January 3, 2006

Two new year's questions

John O’Leary at Tom Peters has posted and invited to answer these two questions to start the new year in a fun way (publicly if you dare, concisely if you can.)

1. What is the most important thing you’ve done in the last year?
2. What is the most important thing you will do in this year?

I thought of answering these questions in the following way.

The most important thing we at My Dhaba did in 2005 was getting into the blogging world via my virtual dhaba (a small roadside restaurant) active since 23 October 2005 (my b'day). As Tom said few weeks ago, blogging had made my year 2005 and that too by sharing and immortalizing some of the traditional endangered food recipes we cook at our home.

In 2006, it will continue to grow, adding a new recipe each day, thereby progressively transforming my virtual dhaba into a reality somewhere (any guesses on where it would be). You may also see my first book in print this year.

What would be your answers?

5 Comments:

Blogger Kay said...

VKN, This is my first visit to your dhaba and your menu sounds delicious.

Wish you a very happy new year! Goodluck with your book!

1/03/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my great joys this year was discovering the Indian food blog world. I love not only the recipes at My Dhaba, but your clear enjoyment in sharing the food with us (vitually), and your wonderful writing that anticipates your readers excitement at discovering a new recipe or nostalgia at finding a long-loved treasure reproduced here.

I've enjoyed making these recipes here in Califonia - your influence is worldwide!

Best wishes for the new year to you and your family.

1/03/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vkn,Congrats on getting your Delicious food recipes printed ! Best wishes :)

1/03/2006  
Blogger Swamy VKN said...

Kay - welcome to be our guest of the day.

Diane - you are really so kind in showering all those nicest words upon us. Thank you very much. We are so thrilled to note that My Dhaba's mission to immortalize traditional endangered recipes is now reaching all over the world.

Meena - I am so sorry... it is too early to reveal the details. Promise you that I will get you the details as soon as things are finalized.

Lera - Thank you my friend.

1/04/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi VKN!
This is my first visit to your Dhaba... Got surprised with your amazing work on Indian recipes.

Best wishes to u !!!

~Ravikalaa Rajesh

3/09/2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home My Dhaba Recipe MENU * Top 25 Recipes at My Dhaba*