June 29, 2006

How low is too high?

The theme for VCC Q2 2006 is "low-calorie food (main course/entree - Indian or Chinese cuisine)". We agree with many of our blogmates that the theme is quite a challenging one this time around. Low-calorie main course or entree - not by using smaller plates or smaller portions; the meal should be self-sufficient and filling for one adult person. What do you think? Has anyone thought of limiting the number of calories per serving in a main course? How do you track your calorie consumption? How low is too high?

Feel free to let us know your thoughts on this.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sumitha said...

Hi VKN,I had sent a mail to you with a query regarding VCC.Have you got the mail?

6/30/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These things are difficult to calculate and depend on individual needs (which are not constant and change with time).

One person's low calorie is another man/woman's high calorie food, in my view. Also even with low calorie food, if one consumes large quantities, where is the benifit?

I wish for another theme, VKN. Please consider. My two cents. Thanks!

7/03/2006  
Blogger Rajesh Soni said...

The secret of health lies not in eating less but in eating whatever you wish and having a regular physical exercise routine such as jogging, yoga, meditation and stretch exercise. So I would say eat whatever delights your taste buds but remember to shed the excess calories by your exercise routine.

7/04/2006  
Blogger Nupur said...

One way is to use lots of vegetables and whole grains which are filling and high in fiber. And to make a dish flavorful (use spices and herbs rather liberally) so that you don't miss the fat.

7/05/2006  
Blogger RP said...

This theme is going to be difficult for me. I haven't started any diet or counting calories yet. I never hesitated to eat anything because it is high in calories. All in all, I have never bothered about these kinds of stuff, and so is my husband. Maybe in the future, when one of us is diagnosed with a disorder? Hmm…prevention is better than cure. Got to think about it.

7/05/2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home My Dhaba Recipe MENU * Top 25 Recipes at My Dhaba*