November 26, 2006

FAHC Campaign: Group Book Project - workflow in 5 stages

FAHC Logo This is to give you a bird's eye view of the key tasks that we have in 5 different stages for the Group Book Project at FAHC campaign and the timeframe planned to achieve those.

Stage I - Contents for the book 'You Can Cook (by December 31, 2006)
- VCC Q4 2006 as a venue to gather contributions and endorsements; to be announced on November 28, 2006.
- Basic outline of the categories, contents, etc., to be explained there.
- Produce a mockbook and display the contents for public opinion voting for finalization.

Stage II - Editing (January 2007)
- Proofread and copyediting - spelling, grammar, and uniform terminologies.
- Pagelook and layout design.
- Contents and index pages.
- Cover design and artwork.
- Dedications, acknowledgements.
- Foreword.
- Final inspections and getting the book ready for publishing.

Stage III - Publishing/printing/delivery/distribution (February 2007)
- Procedures to be finalized.

Stage IV - Marketing/sales (April 2007)
- Strategies to be confirmed.

Stage V - Execution of the campaign (May 2007)
- collaborate and work with partnering individuals and organizations to reach out and support the needy children one-on-one with funds.

Let us do these tasks together. Your thoughts please.

:

9 Comments:

Blogger Bong Mom said...

Hey VKn,
You really have a very good idea for a great cause. Would love to participate and do my bit
sandeepa

11/27/2006  
Blogger Bong Mom said...

Congrats on the new arrival. Just now saw the photo. He is sooooooooo cute. Mom must be busy with 4 boys in the house:)

11/27/2006  
Blogger Swamy VKN said...

Thank you Sandeepa. All your support and any help with this campagin is greatly appreciated. Look forward to your contributions at VCC Q4 2006.

11/28/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi VKN, I would gladly help this great cause. Let me know, what kinda help you need. I am a project manager, can i can help with developing some sort of a schedule/plan. You have already outlined the key stages, so that would be a good place to start, let me know if i can help.

I can also contribute recipes, especially Gujarati dishes.

11/28/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi VKN,

Count me in. You can pick your choice from my list of blogged recipes or if you have a specific recipe in mind, I can contribute that also for the project. I will do all I can to get the word out there.

Great cause, great idea and it's going to be our (foodbloggers) firstever cookbook.

Best wishes,
Indira

11/28/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to contribute recipes for this great cause..
And for awareness you can request bloggers to add the logo and link to - FAHC(about)

Have added the logo and link to my blog.

11/29/2006  
Blogger Swamy VKN said...

Thank you Dilip, Indira, and Priya for your kind support. God bless!

VCC Q4 2006 is chosen as a venue for receiving contributions to the group book project 'You Can Cook'. Regarding your contributions - kindly wait for the VCC annoucement and please do submit whichever original recipes of yours you think should be included in the book.

We sincerely hope that together we can make a real positive difference in the lives of many underpriviledged children who need everyone's help.

11/29/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Vijay,

This is a a very good cause. Thanks for the invitation to participate.

I would like to help by offering one of my recipes (the VCCQ3 winning recipe!) and creative design on the layout of the book.

Please let me know if i could be of any help. My email addy while on holiday is [maegabriel at googlemail dot com].

12/07/2006  
Blogger Rushina said...

Hi VKN

I think this is a great idea and I would like to help.

I am a food writer and content consultant based in Mumbai and in the past year I have focused on collecting heirloom recipes. I will look through those, select some of the most interesting ones and send them in after I have asked permission from the ladies I got them from. I will also send in a recipe of my own.

I am also forwarding information on this as part of my new year mail to everyone I know and posting a link on my blog.

Additionally, I think I might be able to clear space in my calender to write/edit so please let me know if you would require help with that part of things.

Rushina

12/29/2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home My Dhaba Recipe MENU * Top 25 Recipes at My Dhaba*