January 4, 2006

My new year's resolutions for 2006

It is time again for us to sit down and make our new year's resolution lists. It is so special this year for me at My Dhaba to have a blog to post the resolutions and share it with all of you honestly hoping not to break any of these. :-) So here it goes...

I hereby resolve to do the following things in this New Year 2006.

1. Avoid eating all possible additives, chemicals, food colors, ajno motto (monosodium glutamate), junk or toxic foods, or ready-to-eat packaged foods.
2. Buy and read a new book each fortnight.
3. Concoct at least five traditional Indian dishes in a week and post the recipe details at My Dhaba.
4. Do not miss breakfast - the most important meal of the day.
5. Enjoy all the quiet kitchen pleasures.
6. Find time for self reflection every day.
7. Guzzle more tea than coffee this year.
8. Hoard lots of fruits at home and eat at least one fruit a day.
9. Identify with others; share ideas, views, values, and thoughts.
10. Jack up and eat more healthier and nutritious foods.
11. Keep after the meals and snacks timing.
12. Learn and cook at least one new recipe a week chosen from the favorites of neighborhood food bloggers.
13. Monitor the cashflow more closely; try to save a little more money every month.
14. Network and revitalize the entire supportive dear and near ones.
15. Organize My Dhaba contents in a better possible way.
16. Play with kids at least one hour a day everyday.
17. Quench plenty of water at least 1.5 liters in a day.
18. Read at least 3 goodnight stories to kids in a week.
19. Sleep at least 8 hours every day.
20. Try to include all those colorful veggies (broccoli, spinach and all other greens, carrots, sweet potatoes, peppers, and tomatoes) in every day meals.
21. Use the time, talents, and resources wisely to help others.
22. Visualize and strive relentlessly in making My Dhaba truly a rendezvous to relish the flavor of traditional Indian home cooking.
23. Every morning, write a list of the things that need to be done that day. Do them.
24. Xerox and drink HOBIY at least 3 times a week.
25. Yield the floor to and be more patient at work/with others.
26. Zing every traditional Chinese dishes; try to cook and master them properly.

So here is a challenge to you. What resolutions would you like to see made by me?

It's going to be a great year, and we wish all of you who visit us here, health, happiness, and the pure joy in relishing the flavor of traditional Indian home cooking dishes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi VKN,

First of all wish u and your family a very happy newyear.I found your blogg 2 weeks back and since then i have been trying out your recipes.Wow what a wonderful,tasty,delicious recipes.I was dieting for so long and after seeing your recipes my mouth started watering. i gave myself a break and made chinese food at home.i made chinese fried rice,chicken soup,manchurian (It was so nice of u to show the demo in a video)and it was a perfect one.My hubby loved the food and we enjoyed the food.Thanks a lot for sharing the recipes with us.I also did ur rock cookies and my daughter loved it.

Regarding your resolution i would like u to follow all the points as all seems to play an important part in leading a good life.

Every day i check eagerly your website to see what new item u have posted.I will be a regular visitor to your website from now on.
Thanks
kals

1/05/2006  
Blogger Swamy VKN said...

Kals - thank you sooo much for your nice words showered upon my dhaba team. We are so delighted to read your heartfelt appreciations. Thank you once again.

1/09/2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home My Dhaba Recipe MENU * Top 25 Recipes at My Dhaba*