March 2, 2007

Can You Guess What This Is?: (CYGWTI #4)

Folks - we were quite busy all these past weeks accomplishing quite a few notable achievements with regard to the Feed a Hungry Child campaign. The recipe contributions received at the group cookbook project 'You Can Cook' are here. The content management team is now working on the proofreading/editing/standardization aspects; we will keep the recipe submission deadline open for a few more days. A trust is being formed at my native place Palakkad, Kerala. We aim to begin the daily feeding of the first batch of 10 children with effect from April 17, 2007 (my mom's first death anniversary day). We will keep you posted about the campaign's progress.

After a long sabbatical from personal food blogging, let me also tell you that things didn't slow down at all at My Dhaba. There are hoards of stuff to share with you from our My Dhaba's kitchen. For now, let me ask you - can you guess what this is in the picture above. It is one of the ingredients in a dish that I am planning to cook during this weekend for the group cookbook project - You Can Cook. I got this shipped to Muscat, Oman, from India via my friend just for using this on that dish recipe. That's all the clues I can give you for now. Feel free to pass on the picture/post and challenge your family and friends.

Hope that you will enjoy this challenge and have fun guessing. Over to you.

:

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Vini K said...

Hello VKN,is it Jaggery?Palm jaggery perhaps?

3/03/2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

i guess it is molasses or jaggery. Its very difficult to identify otherwise.

3/03/2007  
Blogger Sana said...

Is this edible gum ?

3/03/2007  
Blogger swapna susarla said...

hi vknji
i think it is telaga pindi.i don't know the exact word in english but can say the stuff that remains after the oil had been pressed from sesamum seed.hope my guess is correct..

3/03/2007  
Blogger J said...

Is it jaggery/panakalkandam?

3/03/2007  
Blogger Swamy VKN said...

Great guesses, thanks everyone, but none of them figured out the mystery so far. You may want to try it again. Let us also give some more time for others to guess.

3/03/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is it Hing?

3/04/2007  
Blogger kb said...

Chukku ?

3/04/2007  
Blogger Vini K said...

VKN,can I have another guess?May be mineral salt also known as Saindhava lavanam?Not sure though..

3/04/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If this not edible, Is it multhanimetti?

3/06/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bricks! lol..or does it have 2 be edible?

indian recipes

3/07/2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home My Dhaba Recipe MENU * Top 25 Recipes at My Dhaba*