March 24, 2007

Quench

This poem is written by Nasra Al Adawi, a renowned Omani poetess. She has kindly contributed this poem to be included in some pages of our group cookbook project 'You Can Cook' for 'Feed a Hungry Child' campaign. Give it a reading and let her know what you think.

Quench

In love sprinkles
Feed me
Heartily dishes of your soul
Alighting life in me
A candle when it’s flamed
Starving for a flame
Pour hunger aches away
To silence my starving walls
In hot meals for this tiny tummy
And when you weave food delicacies
Scatter love all over
Quenching hunger

Copyright 2007 Nasra Al Adawi

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Chef Jeena said...

What lovely poetry, you have great recipe idea's, I really like this blog! :)


visit jeena's kitchen healthy recipe blog

3/25/2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home My Dhaba Recipe MENU * Top 25 Recipes at My Dhaba*