May 27, 2008

Maha Meme: Recipe taste-testing for You Can Cook book project

We are quite touched by the generosity of so many recipe contributors at You Can Cook book project for feedahungrychild.org. We have now gathered a total of 400+ recipes out of which 365 recipes will be chosen to be included in the cookbook. The recipes are still flowing in and we have kept the submission deadline open for a few more weeks. The content development of the cookbook is in the process of proofreading, editing, and formats before being published into a user-friendly attractive design and layout. Pending tasks at You Can Cook book project are taste testing of 365 unique heirloom recipes contributed by 250+ contributors spread worldwide and then book publication for FAHC.

We need your help at this juncture. Incidentally, here I am making an open tagging and invitation to all of you to participatie in this whole new Maha Meme. The specific focus is to accomplish the task of taste testing You Can Cook book project recipes.

All you have to do is to cook some of the You Can Cook recipe contributions listed HERE, shoot pictures, and then talk about it in your blog or web site. If you find it interesting, you may please tag your friends and family and ask them to join and propagate the Meme.

A sample questionnaire,
1. Which recipe(s) did you make?
2. Were the instructions clear?
3. Did you have to make any changes or adjustments to either the instructions or the ingredients (Eg.: more or less water? Seasoning, Spicing, cooking times, Were the amounts of ingredients correct? etc.) Please list all changes you would suggest.
4. Did the recipe perform as described? What suggestions do you have to improve it?
(Eg.: were the flavors balanced?, Did you or would you change anything to improve it? etc.) Please list the same.
5. How did your tasters respond to it? Please list comments.
6. How would you rate the ease or difficulty of this recipe and would you be inclined to make it again? IF no – why?
8. How would you like to be listed in the You Can Cook book acknowledgments?
Over to you friends. We welcome and look forward to your participation in this project. As always, your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

For further information or any queries, please contact vkn at info.vkn@gmail.com

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Marcela said...

I'm not good following recipes, I tend to modify always. But I'll give it a try...
When is the deadline for submission of recipes?
Best wishes and good cooking,
Marcela

5/27/2008  
Blogger Hetal said...

This sounds to be a wonderful idea,this way we can contribute something for this good cause..

5/28/2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

This sounds good..one more reason to try out new recipes..Will do it..

5/29/2008  
Blogger Rupa said...

Hi VKN,
You have received an award.Visit my blog
http://simplyaroma.blogspot.com/2008/05/my-first-award-yummy-blog-award.html

5/31/2008  
Blogger Hetal said...

Hey sent u my recipes,was wondering if u got my mail??

5/31/2008  
Blogger Srivalli said...

Hello VKN, sorry took so long to reply...glad you dropped in to say hi..and for this invitation...will contribute what I can..this is excellent...my best wishes for the success!

6/04/2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you actually writing this cook book?

6/05/2008  
Blogger delhibelle said...

Hi,
Would like to support this initiative. Do let me know exactly what needs to be done and by when.

6/09/2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because of the foodblogs, I was more inspired to try new and different foods, I am learning a lot and also thanks for sharing your ideas because at the same time I am also trying my best to learn how to prepare (decent meals :-) Busby SEO challenge

KabonFootPrint

8/28/2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi How to add a blog to mydhaba.Can any one please help with this.

9/30/2008  
Anonymous Sania said...

When I started with the saute of onions, garlic and an extreme amount of red wine, it brought back memories of Italian cooking. Jerry took one smell and said, "I don't like it." Isn't that how some of your kids react to new recipes. My husband too. Anyway, I love wine, mushrooms and beef, so I was pretty sure I'd love it. James was nervous the whole time, especially when I told him I was highlighting the dish for Taste Test Tuesdays.

4/03/2009  
Anonymous Rumela said...

Hey that was an interesting read. You must have had a great experience. Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. I love reading cookbooks and often try out the simpler recipes.

9/08/2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home My Dhaba Recipe MENU * Top 25 Recipes at My Dhaba*