December 8, 2005

You Are What You Eat Meme : My Dhaba’s Top Ten favorite foods blogged so far!

We at My Dhaba were quite thrilled today for being tagged by Mae Gabriel to share our top 10 favorite foods. Thank you so much Mae. Mae got this meme tagged by Kalyn of weekend herb blogging fame.

We too find it really too hard to choose the top 10 favorite foods from our increasing list of recipes, but that was the fun. We have chosen to include only the ones we have blogged so far at My Dhaba so that our guests get the recipe details, pictures, etc. So, here it goes.

My Dhaba’s top 10 favorite foods blogged so far:

1. Soup - spicy tomato chicken soup.
2. Breakfast item - ragi (fingermillet) dosai.
3. Salad - radish salad in thick curd.
4. Vegetable #1 - cauliflower manchurian.
5. Vegetable #2 - mattar paneer masala.
6. Rice - shahi khichdi or khichri.
7. Fish - fish curry.
8. Mutton - mutton and potato curried sauce.
9. Chicken - chicken tikka masala.
10. Dessert - dates kheer.

Just one more favorite to add please for our egg lovers – it is poached eggs, my 4-year-old son Adarsh's favorite (he cooks his own poached eggs these days :-)). I will post few pictures of him shortly and will proudly introduce our new 4-yr-old chef of My Dhaba.

Yes, hard part once again to choose FIVE food bloggers to tag. I am tagging these wonderful friends that we have at My Dhaba to find out their top 10 favorites. They are listed albhabetically.

1. Indira of Mahanandi.
2. Jenn of Atabela.
4. Lera of Myriad Tastes.
5. Meena of Hooked on Heat.
5. Paz of Cooking Adventures of Chef Paz.

Folks - your task is to publish a post about your top ten favorite foods and then to tag five more people to continue the meme… Isn’t it fun? (No excuses, whatsoever! :-))

We’re sure you enjoyed this post. What do you think?

:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really impressed with Chef Adarsh and look forward to seeing his pics.

Thanks for the tag. I'll get to it very soon.

Best,
Paz

12/08/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. I like your list of foods and look forward to trying some of them!

Paz

12/08/2005  
Blogger Kalyn Denny said...

I really love it that some of my herb blogging friends are tagging my other herb blogging friends.

By the way, I noticed in a comment that you are in Oman, not India. I think I got that wrong when I wrote about your herb blog posts. Sorry about that. It's hard to keep up with all the talented bloggers! Your list of favorite recipes looks very interesting.

12/08/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vkn,This is really surprising, hope to make this even more fun & exciting by tagging along more & more foodies who share the spirit!

12/08/2005  
Blogger mae said...

Hi VKN,

Just got your message! Wow, this is pretty quick! Took me a good 2 days for mine... lol.

I love your fish curry. Hot hot hot!

I'm so pleased that you enjoyed creating this lists. Isn't it just so difficult trying to leave some out?

To answer your question about the adobo, click on my categories under pork and the recipe will be there. 8 photos from my lists are mine therefore all have recipes on the site. I can't wait to hear how you get on... Let me know please.

12/08/2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home My Dhaba Recipe MENU * Top 25 Recipes at My Dhaba*