VCC 112 - Chinese-style Shrimp and Vegetables in Soya Sauce
This recipe is kindly contributed by Sudharsana Biswas to the group book project "You Can Cook for FAHC Campaign" in an e-mail to us.
Chinese-style Shrimp and Vegetables in Soya Sauce recipe
Preparation time 15 minutes.
1. 1 Pound peeled and deveined shrimp
2. Black pepper powder 2 tsp
3. Lime juice 1tbsp
4. Carrots diced 1tbsp
5. Mushrooms diced 1 tbsp
6. Celery diced 1 tsp
7. Bell pepper diced 1 tbsp
8. Red onion 1
9. Garlic 2 cloves minced
10.Ginger 1 tsp julienned
11.Spring onion diced 1 tbsp
12.Soy sauce 1 tbsp
13.Hot sauce 2 tbsp
14.Plum sauce 1 tbsp
15.Oil 2 tbsp
1. Marinate the shrimps in some pepper powder, lime juice, and set it aside for ½ an hour.
2. Heat up oil in a wok, add onion, vegetables, ginger, garlic and saute them on high heat for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the hot sauce, soy sauce, plum sauce, and mix it well with the stir fried vegetables in the wok.
4. Add half a cup of water to this to give the whole dish a gravy look and feel and bring it to a boil.
5. Now add the shrimps into the gravy and turn off the heat and cover the wok with a lid so that the shrimp cooks in the steam.
[Sudarsana] Chicken Pakoras and Chinese-style shrimp and vegetables in soya sauce - a perfect combo meal for a weekend or any special day. Enjoy the whole meal with piping hot steamed rice.
Tagged with: VCC: VCC Q4-2006: FAHC: FAHC-campaign